Be Kind And Have Great Hair


Cruelty-Free Hair Care

Your hair is your crowning glory and we all know this, hence the hours in the salon and all the money we spend on hair products. For me I like to know that the products I am using are not only good for me, but good in general - as in not made from or tested on animals.



I am so lucky to have a salon right here in my little town that uses only cruelty free products, even the hair dye! My hairdresser is amaze-balls and I could not be happier with her or her products. She uses Paul Mitchell and I buy products from her (for myself and my family) for at home care.

Paul Mitchell products are so great! 


I've been using them for-like-ever and they are wonderful. Currently I use the Auwapuhi Wild Ginger shampoo and conditioner which are vegan, cruelty free and sulfate free as well - which is apparently great for color treated hair. They make my hair super soft and silky, they smell like heaven and they are moisturizing too.





I also recommend the Tea Tree shampoo for dry scalp, which I get for the hubby. He also likes it because the tea tree scent is insane, like burn your eyes strong, and it clears up his sinuses while he showers. He likes that kinda thing!

They have a kid shampoo as well, a no more tears situation, and I use that on my girls and their amazing hair. It does need a conditioner afterwards though - so they use the Auwapuhi conditioner too.










I have also recently been trying out their Extra-Body Sculpting Foam and I really love it. I just rub a teeny little drop between my hands and rub it onto my roots, add some heat and voila - easy big hair! This is a miracle product for me and my volume deprived hair follicles.

I realize that the Paul Mitchell products are a little pricey but they really do last a long time, and if you can stagger the purchase of all the different products that you use then it is worth it. I also swear by their silver shampoo, its legit!

However, on a recent shopping trip (during which I spent many many hours turning over bottles to scan for a bunny) I discovered that the Hask hair products are cruelty free, and seeing as though they are half the price of the Paul Mitchell salon products I thought I'd give them a go. It's nice to change it up with products, I feel like sometimes your hair can get tired of a certain product, or maybe it's a build up issue?


Hask hair products are vegan, cruelty free and natural, they are also sulfate and paraben free. They offer a huge range of different products.

I bought the Blonde Care shampoo and conditioner (duh) with blue chamomile and argan oil, and also one of their hot oil treatments to try out.

At my first try I found that my hair didn't feel clean and I had to shampoo twice, turns out that this is because of the lack of sulfates (check out my super awesome text box above). But once my hair was dry I was super happy with the product. Silky smooth and shiny hair and it made my blonde look fab!





I enjoyed the hot oil treatment - just a few tips, pop the tube into the bath while you are running the water to maximize the heating up time and don't open the tube with your mouth like a savage, not a good taste.

Otherwise it's a good product and it makes your hair feel great! Nice to feel like you are treating yourself every now and then, although it is very affordable.

I'm looking forward to trying some more of the Hask range of products in the future.




Another rad discovery I made recently, was that the Batiste dry shampoo is cruelty free and it works like a charm when you just don't have the time or inclination to wash your hair! Can you say - life saving!


Anyway that is about all that I am using for my hair right now, although I'm planning on finding a cruelty free hair spray next and a smoothing oil/silicon type product. So I'll keep you posted on those.



What do you swear by for your hair? Any natural and cruelty free products I should know about? Would love to hear from you!

With love,
Chelsea.





Comments

Popular Posts