Do You Have Fussy Kids?


Do You Have Fussy Kids?


I have fussy kids!

And as a fussy eater I can't help but give in to them, time and time again. Some of my worst memories from my childhood were being forced to eat things that I just really didn't want to eat.

Not the thing I want to pass down now to my girls.

But on the other hand I realize that they cannot eat fish fingers every day for the rest of their lives.

Now I do have a few 'healthy-ish' meals that I know they will eat and love, but when it comes to trying something new they always put up a strong resistance. This is not helping my pursuit of veganism and really is something I need to work on, I would love my family to eat more kindly.




Lucky for me I have a very clever friend with a beautiful blog that provides recipes and inspiration for healthy kids meals and treats. But also is packed full of tips and advice on how to get your kids to be more open to new foods.

It was Candice from Lexi's Lunch who inspired our new dinner time catch phrase.

"You Don't Have To Like It, But You Do Have To Try It!"

It has really made a huge difference. They are not all of a sudden loving all the food I make for them, but we don't have tantrums or tears over having to taste new things and sometimes they actually discover that they do like it. Kesia recently tried a bean out of the cottage pie I had made for them and now claims to love beans.

It is a baby step but one that I am very grateful for.




I think the secret is in not giving in, the girls now know that they do not have to finish everything on their plates but they do have to try everything. Non negotiable. The consistency has made a big difference.


We are also working on being polite and kind about the food we are tasting, even if we do not like it. We do not ever say that the food is disgusting, we simply say that we do not like it.






Anyways, that is our little success story for the week.

Head over to Lexi's Lunch for her new series on how to get your kids to eat vegetables!





I will be posting one of my tried and true kid friendly recipes soon and also how I went about 'veganising' it for myself. 
My super simple homemade 'chicken nugget' wraps and my vegan version.

With love,
Chelsea.



Comments

  1. I am so glad that my tips are working for your guys! Like you said, baby steps! Before you know it they will be eating almost everything ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts