Our Shimmer And Shine Party Divine


Our Shimmer And Shine Party Divine
I loved sharing about our Pirate and Fairy party so much, that I decided to dive right into another party post. This is our 'Shimmer and Shine' themed party that we held when Kesia turned 5 and Vanna turned 3. 

What a fun girly party that was to plan!

Sadly when we had this party there was absolutely no Shimmer and Shine merchandise available in South Africa. Now it is everywhere you look but when we did the party we found nothing. There is no party related problem that a mom (and some free printables) cannot fix.



Genie Outfits

I bought the girls some cheap vests and leggings in their fav colors - pink for Vanna and purple for Keisa. Then I decorated them 'genie style' with fabric glue and sequins.

This was not a simple DIY - it took so long! I had to glue the sequins on one at a time, super messy and super long project. 

Totally worth it though for the joy on the girls faces when they put on their outfits. 

I completed the look with a matching tutu from The Party Spot.


The sequin shoes were from Cotton On (you can still find variations of them there) and the sequin hair bands were actually headbands that I bought at Dischem.




I also had some gem stickers leftover from the decor of the party and I stuck them on the girls foreheads for a bit of genie glam.



Party Decor

We held this party at my in-laws home, because of their amazing swimming pool (we learned our lesson from the previous year, it is almost too hot to have a party in December).

Their garden is beautiful and so it wasn't hard to make the party look magical.




Our color scheme was pink, purple, blue and a touch of yellow (gold).

Tassles

I made the little pom pom and tassel decorations with beautiful bright colored wool (my 'while the girls do ballet' project) to bring a real genie touch to the party.

Another simple but time consuming project. 

We still have the tassels hanging up in the girls Wendy House.



Big Pom Poms


I made tissue paper pom poms (so many easy to follow DIY posts on Pinterest to make these) and hung them together with Shimmer and Shine printouts. 

Easy way to assert your theme.


I also hung some paper lanterns from The Party Spot in our color scheme, and a few big balloons just for fun.







The kids insisted on buying the little disco ball when we were party shopping and so that got put up as well. 









I was really lucky in that my Gran organised a whole lot of fabric cutoffs for me. I used these as draping for the gazebos and to cover scatter cushions to make a genie style den feel in the gazebos.





Poster

I like to make a birthday poster for the girls every year at their party, it is just a small little touch that the girls love.



The Sweet Table

I used plastic table cloths on the sweet table in a failed Pinterest project, it was supposed to look like a beautifully draped table but it did not work out for us and the wind kept messing it up anyway.




We sprinkled the table with gold stars, gems and feathers in our color scheme.

Initials

Some plain polystyrene letters from The Party Spot and a whole lot of glitter and our sweet table had some height.




Genie Jars

I used some gem stickers (from a china store near my home - I think they are normally used on cellphones) to decorate some glass pasta sauce jars. 

They made cute holders for things like straws and photo props.







I used the same gems to decorate the plastic cutlery, I thought it looked really cute.






I found the plastic gold platter things at The Party Spot and they were great for sweetie bowls.

We had pink, purple and blue paper plates and blue paper cups to go with our theme colors and I used paper straws as well.





Completely in love with the serviettes that I found - a little gold never hurt nobody, how perfect for the theme?












Genie Bracelets



I made genie bracelets for the kids, out of toilet rolls, macaroni and gold spray paint.

Very easy DIY  - it just required a lot of toilet roll collecting.









In terms of entertainment I had my usual coloring station with Shimmer and Shine coloring pages. I also put out some bubble mixture for the kids, but for the most part they ate sweets and spent the day in the pool.



The Shimmer and Shine printables that I used for the decor, photo props and party bags were all free on Pinterest.











Food




Apart from the assortment of sweets on the sweet table, I also made some cupcakes. They were vanilla cupcakes with chocolate icing and gold details. 

I loved the gold in this party.


I also cut up a huge watermelon to serve in the heat of the day and it went down very well.



There were also platters of sausage rolls and cheese puffs to keep people happy while we waited for hubby to braai the burgers and hot dogs.

Once again we always make sure to have a ton of bottled water and other drinks at our parties!




The Cakes

I made the cakes myself for this party, because I just loved the idea of making my kids birthday cakes. They came out pretty nicely.





I made them each their own cake, both cakes were chocolate with chocolate frosting inside.

Vanna had a pink chocolate drip cake with pink sweeties and Kesia had a purple chocolate drip cake with all things chocolate on top.

These cakes were a tremendous hit at the party!





It was a really sweet and relaxed party and we all had a lovely time. Most important was that the girl's were happy.

Hope you enjoyed a look into one of our parties?

With love,
Chelsea.















Comments

Popular Posts