Curried Chickpeas With Peaches And Green Beans



Curried Chickpeas With Peaches And Green Beans

Welcome to another Meat Free Monday!

You are never going to get super complicated recipes from me, I am a huge fan of simple recipes and convenience. This one is actually embarrassingly simple. 

It is a super easy and by no means 'from scratch' curried chickpea creation I came up with a few weeks ago. It was inspired by a cold salad I had over Easter time at Zebula Lodge, I just needed a warmer version for this winter chill.

Ingredients:

1 onion
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 Tbl curry powder (more or less)
1 can chickpeas, drained
green beans (I used a small bag of frozen)
1 can peaches

Recipe:


Chop up an onion and fry with your garlic and curry powder, I am currently using the Rajah medium curry powder by Robertson's - it has a good flavor but it's not for you if you need a bit of kick in your curry.










I don't let my curry powder burn, so keep mixing.

Add in your chickpeas and cook until the onions are soft.

Easy Peasy!















Next cook some green beans, I like them to still have some crunch and color, but obviously cook them how you like them. I added salt to the cooking water.

Combine chickpeas and green beans in your serving dish.




Open up a can of peaches, chop them into smaller pieces and add to your mixture.















I served it with brown rice.





It was just as good reheated the next day for lunch.

I love this combination - the heat from the chickpeas, the crunch of the beans and the sweetness of the peaches ♡

If you are not doing vegan, maybe crumble in some feta cheese? It seems to lend itself to that.

Anyways hope you like it?

With love,
Chelsea.





Comments

Popular Posts