Some Gratitude For My Birthday - This Is 33


This Is 33


It was my birthday last week!

Hi, my name is Chelsea and I am a birthday lover.

My birthday is my favorite day of the year and I don't understand how a person is not totally ecstatic when its their birthday?
(If you are a birthday hater pop me a comment and explain it to me!)

I mean it's your very own day! 
You get cake and presents and people talk to you - talking to adult people during the daylight hours is something to really look forward to when you are stay at home mom 😉 
I just love it!



This year I was abundantly spoilt and I just wanted to take some time to show a little appreciation for all I received and to reflect a little bit about the new me at 33!



First a little note about my wonderful party.

We had a lunch at Casalinga (www.casalinga.co.za) and it was amazing! 
The service was brilliant, the atmosphere was beautiful and the food was magnificent. Definitely a bucket list eating experience!

Veg Lasagna


The balloons are from My Party Supplies at Broadacres and the incredible cake was from Tart Patisserie in Fourways - it tasted better than it looked!



Step one - Gratitude

5 Things I am grateful for regarding my recent birthday activities:
  1. I am grateful for all the birthday phone calls and messages that I received and how loved it made me feel.
  2. I am grateful to my incredible hubby for making all of my events possible, for all of my gifts and for all of his love and thoughtfulness.
  3. I am grateful to have all of my beautiful family and friends in my life and that I was able to spend some time with them over my birthday.
  4. I am so thankful for that magnificent cake.
  5. I am grateful and blessed to have been given another year to live my kindest life and to make the most of everything that comes my way.
I am incredibly blessed to have had so much love showered on me and I hope that I can reflect some of that love and happiness back into the world around me. We need more love in the world!




Step two - Reflection

A birthday to me means another trip around the sun, and a chance to sit back and reflect on what happened during the year and more importantly to look within a little bit and see how I've changed.

I am a very different person at 33 than I was at 22 (thank you so much Facebook for the cringe-worthy memories of all the idiotic things I used to post back then). 

It took me a long time to discover who I was, and to be okay with that person. There are a lot of things about who I am that are unconventional and not the norm with the majority of the people that I know - it took me a long long time to realize that it was alright to be a little different.

Anyway, the me at 33 is much more introspective than the me of the past, and more recently very concerned with trying to 'make a difference.' It's really been on my mind a lot this past year, what am I actually doing to make the changes that I want to see in the world?

Something I really want to work on in my next year of life - I want to actually do something and not just talk about it.



Here is to more kindness and love in the world.

With love,
Chelsea

 

Comments

Popular Posts