Easy Spanish Style Butter Beans



Easy Spanish Style Butter Beans 


I whipped this one up pretty quickly one evening when I realized that I had prepared food for my family but not for myself - this happens more often than it should!

Meatless meals are great because they typically require less cooking time, and so they are perfect last minute meals. I tend to make a lot of them up with the ingredients that I happen to have in my fringe or cupboards.

I felt like something with a bit of warmth and this was the result.

Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
I tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp paprika (more if required)
2 bay leaves
1 can butter beans
1 can chopped tomato
Salt and pepper to taste
Chutney 

Recipe:

Fry the onions until soft.
Add the garlic, paprika and bay leaves and fry for another minute.
Add the beans and tomatoes, season.
Simmer for 1 minute.

Enjoy.

You can also add in some baby spinach leaves toward the end of the cooking process if you'd like, I probably would have if I had any in the fridge.


Let me know what you think?

With love,
Chelsea.

Comments

Popular Posts